Suits are Made to Order based on your measurements provided and requests. We like to talk with each potential client rather than have you plug in numbers into an order form and hit 'submit', hoping for the best. We want to make sure you know there is a real person behind the name that has your interest in mind when it comes to your suit. In the initial email consultation we'll figure out where you intend to wear the suit and make sure it is appropriate for your occasion or environment. We'll also discuss what options you are interested in and get any questions answered. Emails are generally responded to within 1 day.
Once that is complete the order process requires your basic measurement set:
- around the neck base
- across front and back shoulder (back shoulder is generally .5 – 1" wider than front)
- around chest (just under armpits, make sure you stand with good posture when this is
- taken as hunching over can result in an inaccurate measurement) around stomach (2" above navel)
- around waist (2" below navel)
- around hips (at widest point, usually at level where butt cheek crests out)
- around thigh (at widest point, usually just below butt cheek level)
- around calf
- jacket sleeve (If you do not know how to measure the sleeve it's recommended you get nonfunctional cuffs for easy alteration. If you decide to try and measure, you'll need an existing jacket. Hang jacket on hanger so it drapes as naturally as possible and measure from top of shoulder seam straight down to bottom.)
- inseam (Similar to jacket sleeve, this is best measured off an existing pair of well fitting trousers. You can measure off the body from your "taint" down to bottom of ankle bone. But this is one area where most will need fine tuning at a local tailor to get the inseam just right.)
- your height
Take a look at the SELF MEASURE guide for visual assistance.
Prices vary on fabric chosen, regardless of cut. Prices start at $530 shipped CONUS, but depending on cloth there may be a slight surcharge for more expensive fabrics. FABRICS price surcharge is only to adjust for extra price in cloth, there is no surcharge added on my end. For orders outside of United States, please add $35 for shipping per garment, to be shipped US mail EMS which is sent with tracking and typical transit time is about 3-7 days depending on where it is going, not withstanding any potential customs delays.
Turnaround time is approximately a month. Oftentimes sooner, but this is a general guideline, not an exact promise of delivery. Once the garment is shipped you will receive a shipping confirmation. Transit time is not included in the month approximation. Whatever transit time is applicable is added onto the time of production. Orders within CONUS are shipped USPS Priority Mail insured. Delivery time is 2-3 days. There is no detailed tracking number. If you need next day service or couriered shipping with tracking (UPS, FEDEX, USPS overnite) that can be arranged at an additional cost to the buyer.
Foreign orders are mailed USPS EMS airmail with a $35 surcharge added to total price of garment. Most countries will be delivered within 3-7 working days. EMS shipped packages have a tracking number. In most cases I mark the overseas shipment as a "Gift" or a "repaired garment" to alleviate any customs duty. Any duties that your country charge you are your responsibility to pay.